Grade A maple syrup or dates are crucial to have when you are on a raw foods diet. These add a natural sweetness and give the dessert a little extra flavor. You can blend this dessert or not, but we prefer not to blend it.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/3 c chia seeds
- 1/4 c raw cacao powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup if not blending (can sub 5-9 dates, pitted if blending)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If not blending, sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.