Detox smoothies have risen to popularity within recent years. Some people drink them to help reset the gut, while others want to encourage their bodies to eliminate the unhealthy food they ate. And then there are those who just enjoy a healthy smoothie. There’s nothing wrong with whichever camp you belong to. Our goal is to simply provide you with different recipes that keep your diets interesting. Whether you are cleansing and want to promote waste elimination or you simply want to eat a healthy diet, we hope this smoothie finds its way into your life.
A smoothie a day is not a cliché, or at least that’s what they say. Anyway, there’s no time to delay! This smoothie bursts with a tropical, zesty flavor that refreshes the palate on a warm day. The best part is that the ingredients are bursting with incredible nutrients. Peaches help to flush toxins from the body because they are rich in potassium and fiber. These nutrients work to clean toxins from the kidneys and digestive tract. Additionally, peaches have a high concentration of antioxidants. In fact, studies found that these antioxidants may inhibit cancer cell growth, especially in breast, colon, oral, and lung cancers.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 c peaches, frozen overnight
- 1 lemon, peeled and cubed
- 1 orange, peeled and cubed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, cored and cubed
- 1/3 c strawberries, frozen overnight
- 1 c filtered water
- 2 c ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- This yields about 50 ounces of smoothie so it\'s enough for two people, unless you really want to drink the whole thing.
- No judgment here!