Diving into a bowl of ice cream doesn’t mean that you have to consume dairy or a long list of unhealthy ingredients. Making your own ice cream is fun, easy to do, and requires a select few ingredients. This recipe embodies that statement, and it’s about to change your life. We do have to tell you that this is not raw vegan, so you cannot enjoy it while cleansing. Once you finish cleansing, however, you can enjoy this peanut butter banana nice cream.
The crazy thing about this recipe is that there are only two ingredients: bananas and peanut butter. The only other piece of equipment you need is a food processor to blend it into a creamy ice cream. You can make this recipe in a high-speed blender, but it needs to be a high-speed blender. No offense to any weak or slow blenders out there, but they simply won’t get the job done. Whether you use a blender or a food processor, it will take a couple minutes to fully puree the frozen bananas. You may even have to scrape down the sides a few times to make sure that your ice cream is perfectly smooth. We like chunky peanut butter, but not chunky ice cream!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Desserts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. natural organic peanut butter
- optional peanuts for topping
- Peel the bananas, slice them into half-inch discs, and arrange them on a baking sheet. Freeze for a couple hours, or until frozen.
- Add the bananas to a food processor or high-speed blender and puree until creamy and smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Once the bananas have been pureed, add the peanut butter and blend for an additional 30 seconds or so.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and place it in the freezer for about an hour so it can firm up.
- Remove from the freezer, scoop into bowls, and enjoy. Top with optional peanuts.