Jicama is an underrated root vegetable that has tan skin and bright white flesh. It’s a little crisper than an apple with a mellower flavor, so it takes on bold flavors like lime juice, pepper, chili powder, cayenne, and other seasonings. Jicama adds beautiful texture to salads, almost like a healthy crouton, but this salad features it, alongside cucumbers and pears. This salad isn’t traditional, so we hope you like this refreshing take.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 3 tbsp. freshly lime juice
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pear, cored and cubed
- 1 c jicama, peeled and cubed
- 1 c cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 c raw almonds, thinly sliced
- In a salad bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Add the pear, jicama, cucumber, and almonds to the salad bowl and toss to coat them in the dressing.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.