If you love pecan pie and snacks then you clicked on the right recipe. These energy balls are both filling and filled with incredibly healthy ingredients, four simple ingredients to be exact. Just reach into your pantry and retrieve pecans, sea salt, alcohol-free vanilla extract, and Medjool dates.
While we encourage people to use Medjool dates, you can use whichever date variety you can get your hands on. Just make sure that the dates are moist and pitted prior to adding them to the food processor. If you cannot find moist dates, you can soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to blending. Make sure to use raw pecans with no added oil or salt, as you will add sea salt to this recipe. It complements the sweetness of the dates and enhances the nuttiness of the pecans.
Once you blend all of the ingredients together in the food processor and you achieve a dough-like consistency, it’s time to make the energy bites. To avoid the mixture sticking to your hands, wet your hands with water prior to forming tablespoon-sized balls. You should also line a container or baking sheet with parchment paper, so that the pecan energy bites don’t stick. Place in the freezer for about one to two hours and then you are ready to enjoy them! Let us know how you like this recipe in the comments below.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c dates, soft and pitted
- 1 c raw pecans
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a dough-like clump that forms.
- You may need to stop blending a few times, scrape down the sides, and continue blending to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet or large container with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Wet your hands with water and form tablespoon-sized balls from the blended mixture. Place them on the parchment paper.
- Place the pecan pie bites in the freezer for about one hour so that they can firm up.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy. Store leftover energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within two weeks.