- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:5m
- 1 large ripe pineapple - peeled, cored and chopped
- about 4 small or 1 large English cucumbers - peeled and chopped
- 1 c pineapple juice - preferably freshly made
- about 1/2 jalapeno - seeded and diced (see text)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 -2 teaspoons sea salt - to taste
- 1 green onion - chopped
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. In a food processor, combine 3 cups of each the pineapple and cucumber together with the pineapple juice, jalapeño, lime juice, salt and green onion, blend until smooth.
- 2. Add the remaining pineapple and cucumber, cilantro and 1/2 of the olive oil. Pulse a few times to achieve a chunky texture. Adjust seasoning and chill in the refrigerator.
- 3. Serve garnished with the remaining cilantro and olive oil.
Use a very Sweet Ripe Pineapple
The most important thing here is to have a very sweet and ripe pineapple and your gazpacho will be delicious. Take care not to overdo on jalapeno.