According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), the enzyme known as bromelain is beneficial for people with sinus inflammation and general inflammatory-induced pain. Both papaya and pineapple contain bromelain, which has also been known to improve digestion. Long story short: you’ll be doing your body a huge favor if you drink this smoothie.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 c fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 c pineapple, cubed
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c fresh papaya, cubed
- 1 c ice cubes
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- optional: fresh grated ginger
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If it is too thick then you can add a little filtered water to achieve your desired consistency. Alternatively, you can add more ice if it is not thick enough.
- Pour into two cups and garnish with fresh fruit and a dash of cayenne, if you dare.