If you’re a beet skeptic, then this smoothie recipe is for you. Do beets have a somewhat earthy flavor? Yes, but when you combine them with sweet pineapple and zesty orange, it’s as if that signature, earthy flavor fades away. Instead, your taste buds are greeted with a tropical blast that has a subtle kick from the anti-inflammatory ginger. Trust us when we tell you that this is a smoothie you’ll keep in your regular rotation.
If you don’t have the greatest blender in the world, do yourself a favor and chop the beet into smaller pieces. And don’t forget to peel it! Be mindful that beets stain easily, so don’t wear anything that you love while working with beets. Once that signature red hits your favorite white sweater, you won’t want the smoothie anymore. For everyone’s wellbeing, let’s just wear old clothes, or put on a serious kitchen apron.
If after you blend all of the ingredients and still find that the smoothie is not sweet enough, go ahead and add a squeeze of raw agave nectar, mix it in, and then taste. The creamy avocado, sweet pineapple, vibrant orange, and ginger should be enough to distract you from the flavor of the beet. Beets are great for your health! They encourage detoxification and lend a helping hand to your liver, so drink up!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 c filtered water
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 medium beet, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger root, grated
- 2 c pineapple, cubed and frozen overnight
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend for about 30-60 seconds, or until smooth. If you need to add a little more water to thin out the smoothie, please do so.
- Pour into two separate glasses and enjoy immediately.