If you are having a holiday party then this is the perfect salad to serve. You can make it look like a wreath by placing a small bowl in the center of the larger, flatter bowl, and arranging the salad ingredients around the little center bowl. Pour the dressing in the little bowl and dress as you please. The vinaigrette awakens your taste buds with waves of citrusy goodness.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
For The Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 c pomegranate arils
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 c pecans
For The Dressing
- 1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1/2 tsp. each sea salt and pepper
- To make a wreath-shaped salad, place a small bowl for the vinaigrette in the centre of a larger round shallow bowl or platter.
- Arrange bite-sized pieces of romaine in the bowl around the small dish. Top with remaining ingredients, finishing with feta cheese and pecans.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together and pour into the small bowl in the center of the serving bowl.
- Serve and drizzle vinaigrette over all just before serving.