When you finish a cleanse, it is paramount for you to provide your body with nutrient-dense food. You don’t need to continue the raw vegan diet, but you should still include raw fruits and vegetables in your daily regimen.
Now, a lot of people enjoy bread as a breakfast staple. It’s okay to indulge every now and again, and it should be sprouted whole grain bread whenever you eat it. Rather than lathering the toast with fattening butter or cream cheese, make it a healthier, more filling meal by topping your toast with avocado.
In this recipe, we’ve taken it up a notch by topping the toast with avocado, arugula, and tomatoes. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Some people enjoy paying $17 for this breakfast item at restaurants, but it’ll cost you far less than that to buy the ingredients to make avocado toast for days!
- Prep Time: 7m
- Cook Time: 3m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c arugula, rinsed and dried
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread until it is evenly browned on both sides (about 3 minutes).
- While the bread is toasting, mash the avocado in a small bowl using a fork.
- Remove the bread from the toaster and smear the mashed avocado on each slice while the toast is hot.
- Top the avocado with halved cherry tomatoes, arugula, and your desired amount of sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!