Once you are finished cleansing, the natural instinct is eat everything that you couldn’t have while cleansing. Do you want to ruin all the progress you made? If you want to stick to the healthy path, find snacks and other meals that are healthy and tasty. These carrot chips are the perfect snack for your post cleansing diet.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:30m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Appetizers & Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 3 1/4 lb carrots (the fatter the carrots the better)
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. seɑ salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 425º F and line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper. Set these aside.
- Rinse the carrots and cut off the tops. Use a paper thin slicer on a mandoline and start slicing the carrots into little chips. If you don't have a mandoline, use your professional knife skills to slice the carrots extremely thin.
- Place the carrot slices into a large bowl and coat with the oil, sea salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Toss until thoroughly coated.
- Spread the carrot slices out across the baking sheets and place them in the oven for 12-15 minutes. The edges will curl up. When this happens, flip all the chips over and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes, to crisp them up.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chips to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.