Do you want to know what the best thing about coming off a cleanse is? You don’t have to stop drinking smoothies! If anything, you get to enhance your smoothie game by adding other nourishing, post-cleanse ingredients. For the smoothie in this recipe, you will include coconut yogurt and oats, two ingredients that offer fiber and protein. The coconut yogurt makes your smoothie that much creamier, if you can believe it.
We call this smoothie “The Power Up” because the ingredients do just that. You’ll notice that you feel full for a long time, and that you even crave it on days with colder weather. It also contains complex carbohydrates, magnesium, potassium, and protein, all of which are nutrients that you should strive to consume every day. We hope you take advantage of these flavors once you finish your cleanse!
- 1 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c coconut yogurt (vanilla flavor)
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 c blueberries, frozen overnight
- 3 c spinach
- 1 c ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- It\'s possible that you may need to stop blender, shake it up, and continue blending to ensure that everything blends.
- If it\'s too thick, add a little extra water to aid the blending process.
- Serve and enjoy.