This zoodles dish boasts heaps of flavor! The vegetable add-ins are marinated in lemon juice, which complement the creamy, protein-packed hemp seed alfredo sauce. It’s a fantastic plant-based entree that will fill you up during your cleanse.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
For the Zucchini Pasta
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned (optional)
- 2 c baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Hemp Seed Alfredo
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1/2 c shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- Add the zucchini noodles, red bell pepper (optional), spinach, cherry tomatoes, and lemon juice to a large bowl. Mix well and let the veggies marinate for about 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are marinating, prepare the Hemp Seed Alfredo.
- Add all of the Hemp Seed Alfredo ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until creamy. Continue preparing the pasta.
- Pour your desired amount of sauce over the veggies, which have been soaking in lemon juice, and mix well. Top with basil leaves and some sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Enjoy!