- 1 small banana, frozen
- 1 cup raw almond milk
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Sunwarrior)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- How to make raw pumpkin puree:
- Start with a sugar pie pumpkin. Wash and dry it.
- Place the pumpkin on a cutting board on its side. Carefully cut off the top and bottom, leaving a flat surface.
- With a potato peeler, remove the skin. I used to use a knife but I found I wasted more of the “flesh” with that technique.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds with your hands. Place the seeds in a small bowl for later. You can dehydrate them for a delicious snack!
- Now cut the pumpkin flesh into small chunks.
- In the food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, process the pumpkin chunks until it is broken down nice and small. I take it one step further but it is optional.
- I transfer the puree into my high-speed blender and pulverize it until it is VERY smooth. I am all about mouth-feel. You will have to stop the blender from time to time to scrap down the sides.
- That’s it, very easy!
- In a high-speed blender combine; frozen banana (chopped), milk, pumpkin, protein powder, chia seeds, ice cubes, vanilla, spices and stevia. Blend on high until nice and creamy. I use a Blendtec blender, press the “whole juice” button and let it run its course. Perfect!
- If you are allergic to nuts, you can make hemp milk or even oat milk instead of almond milk. There are many options.
U can also use canned pumpkin puree for a Vegan smoothie
Now, just in case you are not able to get your hands on a real pumpkin due to where you live or the time of year, you can always use canned pumpkin puree for this recipe. It won’t be raw but it still tastes good and has nutritional value to it.