This is an awesome frosting for anyone who is cleansing. It has the flavors of fall and you can put it on your apples or other fruit for a healthy dessert.
Photo Credit: Minimalist Baker
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 2 c raw cashews, soaked in water for a few hours
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod, scraped
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 -3 Tbsp grade A maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 3/4 c homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil,
- Drain your cashews and rinse them with cold water, then place them in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Add vanilla bean, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, maple syrup and 1/2 cup of almond milk to start.
- Blend to puree, pouring in coconut oil while blending to help thicken.
- Continue blending until creamy, adding more almond milk as you go until you reach your desired consistency, remembering that it will thicken when chilled. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more pumpkin spice for more pumpkin flavor and more maple syrup to sweeten.
- Serve over quick breads, cakes, pastries and more. Leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days.