A lot of people don’t use fresh pumpkin to cook with. Instead of using processed canned pumpkin, use baby pumpkins because they are incredibly sweet. Plus, you can save the seeds and roast them in the oven for a snack.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- 1 small firm pumpkin
- 2 -4 tbsp lemon juice (depending on the sweetness of your pumpkin)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp organic tahini
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- olive oil, for roasting
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- black and white sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and cut the pumpkin into bite-size pieces. Scatter them across the baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and transfer to a blender or food processor. Add the tahini, garlic, sea salt, chili powder, and lemon juice to the blender as well. Blend until you get a thick paste. If it is too thick, add about 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Spoon the hummus into a bowl and garnish with olive oil, sesame seeds, and fresh parsley. Enjoy with carrot or celery sticks.