Did you think that the pumpkin spice craze was finished? Think again, people, because the holidays are far from over. Pumpkin is one of the healthiest fall and winter produce items, and we plan on enjoying it until the New Year.
Normally, we focus on raw vegan chia puddings, but this chia pudding is vegan. Made with full-fat coconut milk and unsweetened almond milk, this chia pudding is extra rich and creamy. The great thing about this breakfast is that it doesn’t feel heavy when you eat it. Yes, it is delectable and rich, but it provides with energizing nutrients, so you won’t feel sluggish.
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/2 c full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 c canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine. One to two minutes of mixing is sufficient.
- Pour the mixture into two separate bowls or glass jars, cover, and refrigerate over night.
- Remove from the fridge in the morning and top with desired toppings. Chopped almonds, a dash of cinnamon, and diced banana make for great toppings.