This salad is refreshing, peppery, filled with tons of omega-3 & antioxidants and, above all else, it is simple to make. Arugula is actually in the same family as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage, but it is the more attractive relative of the lot. Fill up on this salad as a meal or serve it as a side to your main course.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Salad
- 2 c arugula
- 1/4 c basil leaves
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 c green bell pepper, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large salad bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and then drizzle it over the salad. Mix well to ensure that the dressing is coating all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!