Horchata is a classic Mexican beverage, but it can be quite sweet. It is easy to overindulge because the flavor is rich and the cinnamon is powerful. We want you to be able to enjoy drinks like horchata guilt-free, which is why we made this raw rendition. You may need to add a little more maple syrup, depending on how you enjoy your level of sweetness.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 c raw cashews
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup (or a little more if needed)
- 1 tbsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 3 c filtered water
- Place all the ingredients, except the ice, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Get a cheesecloth or nut milk bag and hold it over a glass jar or bowl. Pour the blended mixture through the cheesecloth/nut milk bag and strain out as much liquid as possible.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour the raw horchata into the glass. You have the option to sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top of your beverage if you like. Enjoy!