Broccolini is a cute vegetable that packs a powerful, nutritional punch. It comes in little adorable bunches that seem more approachable and appetizing than regular broccoli. Nothing against broccoli, but broccolini is simply better. It belongs to the brassica family and is very closely related to cabbage and Brussels sprouts. It’s not the same as broccoli, though, so get that though out of your head.
The great thing about broccolini is that it requires very little prep. Simply trim off the bottom ends, discard some of the loose leaves, and you are ready to cook! For this recipe, it’s all about simplicity. Because you will be roasting the broccolini, please make sure that you spread them out on a baking sheet. You don’t want to clump them together, because they need room to cook evenly. Crowding the pan is never a good idea, no matter what you cook. You want the items to roast evenly, and crowding them together creates uneven cooking. If you have a grill and would prefer to char them in a grill basket, you can do that as well. The cooking time may vary depending on grill heat.
All you need for this recipe is olive oil, sea salt, and two bunches of broccolini. If you’re feeling zesty, add two cloves of garlic and the juice from half a lemon to the roasting pan. That’ll really create some nice flavors! Lemon, garlic, and olive oil are like the holy trinity of flavors!
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:20m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Sides, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 2 bunches broccolini, ends removed
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- juice of half a lemon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425º F.
- Place the broccolini on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- If you decide to use the garlic and lemon juice, add those two ingredients to the party and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly crispy and browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.