Spaghetti squash is one of the best vegetables of fall and winter. It is a versatile ingredient that can be used in creative and healthy ways. These hearty quinoa & spinach boats are filling and packed with some vibrant flavors of fall. If you want, you can add more vegetables like kale, tomatoes, and fresh parsley for added nutrition and flavor.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- 1 Delicata or Spaghetti Squash, any size
- 1/2 c quinoa
- 1 c vegetable stock
- 1 c spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries (unsulfured)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the squash in half (lengthwise) and scoop up the seeds. Pour the olive oil over the squash and add sea salt and pepper to taste. Wrap the squash in foil and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in vegetable stock instead of water for more flavor.
- Once the squash is done, carefully remove the foil and begin to \"carve out\" the squash with a fork. Don't go too deep otherwise you will break through the skin. Add the squash meat to a glass bowl.
- Roughly chop up the spinach and add to the squash bowl. Also, add the quinoa and vegan butter and begin to mix it together. Finally add the pecans and cranberries and mix well.
- Scoop the squash and quinoa mixture into the squash skins. Add more pecans and cranberries on top, garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley, and season with sea salt and pepper to serve.