- 1 c dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 2 large Apples, cut into 1/2" pieces (I like Granny Smith)
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 c pure Maple Syrup, divided portion in 1/2
- fine Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. melted Coconut Oil
- a few pinches ground Cinnamon
- a few pinches ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp. fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 c Hazelnuts, chopped
- Fresh or Dried Cranberries for garnish
- Rinse quinoa. Combine with 2 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 F with the rack in the middle. Be sure to coat apples with lemon juice so they don't turn brown. Toss sweet potatoes & apples with 1/4 cup of the Maple Syrup, coconut oil and a few pinches cinnamon, ginger and salt. Roast for about 35-40 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Combine the quinoa with the roasted mixture and the remainder of the maple syrup (1/4 cup) in a large bowl. Fold in thyme and hazelnuts. Season to taste with more salt and spices.