We aren’t trying to steal the attention away from tacos, because they are the social food that turns any frown into a smile. But what about burritos? Don’t they deserve love, too? They are just rolled up and enlarged tacos, right? Think of burritos however you like; we are going to get on with making the recipe.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
For the Walnut Meat
- 1 c raw walnuts
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. filtered water
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the Burritos
- 6 rainbow chard leaves
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 c purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- Add all of the Walnut Meat ingredients to a food processor and pulse until thoroughly mixed and crumbly. It should resemble ground beef.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and get ready to roll some raw burritos.
- Lay one chard leaf out on a plate and spoon some of the walnut meat into center, spreading an even layer across.
- Add some diced tomatoes, avocado slices, bell pepper, cabbage, and a squeeze of lime juice. Roll up the leaf to make a little burrito.
- Repeat this 5 more times until you have 6 burritos. Enjoy!