There’s no reason to ever say that a raw foods diet is boring. Most of the time, people aren’t willing to think outside the box and get creative with their food. This recipe, for example, is quite simple to make, but it is way more interesting than a boring salad. You don’t have to make the Ginger Dressing, but drizzling a little on each romaine boat enhances the flavor.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Yield: About 12 lettuce boats
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Entrees, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 head romaine lettuce (separated into individual leaves)
- 1 c halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 c alfalfa sprouts
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 3/4 c red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 c red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. raw sesame seeds (optional)
- Desired amount of Lemon Ginger Dressing
- After prepping all of the vegetables, make the dressing according to the instructions.
- When the dressing is complete, get ready to assemble the romaine boats by placing a little of each vegetable in each romaine leaf.
- Once all the boats are assembled, drizzle a little bit of the dressing on each boat, or pour the dressing in a bowl and use it as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!