- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:5m
- 2 1/4 c water
- 1 ⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 1 ⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot (1⁄2 carrot)
- 1/2 c thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, peeled
- 2 tbsp. mellow white miso
- 1/2 tsp. nama shoyu or tamari (gluten free)
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp. thinly sliced green onion
- 1) Cut the zucchini into thin noodles using a vegetable spiral slicer. Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to create long ribbons by drawing the peeler down all sides of the zucchini until you reach the core.
- 2) Place 2 cups of the water and the spinach, carrots, and mushrooms in a small saucepan. Cover and turn on the heat to medium-high . Just as the vegetables and water begin to boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- 3) Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of water with the miso in a small mixing bowl. Whisk with a fork until blended. Add the miso mixture, zucchini noodles, green onions, shoyu, and salt to the water and vegetables and stir until well combined. Serve immediately.
You could also choose to add a bit of tahini to your broth if you desire something a bit more filling.