This is a unique, vegan take on ramen that doesn’t have all the fat and sodium that regular ramen has. Zucchini takes the place of the noodles and the vegetables and miso help to give the broth a robust flavor.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:5m
- Total Time:15m
- 2 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 1/2 c thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 c thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, peeled
- 2 tbsp. mellow white miso
- 1/2 tsp. nama shoyu or tamari (gluten free)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp. thinly sliced green onion
- Cut the zucchini into thin noodles using a vegetable spiral slicer. You can also use a vegetable peeler to create long zucchini ribbons by drawing the peeler down all sides of the zucchini until you reach the core.
- Place 2 cups of the water, spinach, carrots, and mushrooms in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the water starts to boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of water with the miso in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until thoroughly blended. Add the miso mixture, zucchini noodles, green onions, shoyu, and sea salt to the soup. Serve immediately.