Make no mistake, people, you will need a blender or food processor for this recipe. The ingredients don’t simply blend themselves or mash effortlessly. You want to fully incorporate the raspberries, banana, cherries, and homemade almond milk to create a luxurious sorbet. Ideally, the sorbet is perfectly balanced, exhibiting slightly tart and naturally sweet flavors. It does serve two to three people, but there’s nothing wrong with portioning out those servings for you and you alone.
Homemade sorbets are much healthier than store bought varieties because you avoid added sugars, artificial colors, and preservatives. Although this sorbet is ready to enjoy straight out of the blender or food processor, you can store it in a freezer-safe container in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy it. In fact, storing it in the freezer can give the sorbet a more scoopable consistency. We realize that “scoopable” is not a word, but we think you’re picking up what we’re laying down.
If you are not a fan of sorbets or ice cream, you can thin out this recipe by adding more homemade almond milk. You can then pour that thinner mixture into some popsicle molds and enjoy this sorbet in smoothie pop form. Think of it as enjoying a health popsicle instead of a smoothie on a stick! We’d love to know how you make this recipe, so let us know how much/little you enjoy it in the comments below. Post a picture and tag us on social media, too!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen overnight
- 1 1/4 c raspberries, frozen overnight
- 1/2 c cherries, pitted and frozen overnight
- 2/3 c homemade almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue bending to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Scoop out the sorbet once it reaches a smooth texture and enjoy immediately.
- Alternatively, you can place it in a freezer-safe container in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy it. When you are ready, remove it from the freezer, scoop out, and enjoy.