Even though a typical caprese salad has cheese and balsamic vinegar, this recipe shows that you can be creative and make a rendition of this classic Italian dish.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 3 medium avocados, pitted and skin removed
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- organic extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Slice the pitted avocado into rounds (well, they'll be in half) and remove the skin. In a bowl, toss the avocado slices in the fresh lemon juice.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil leaves, and avocado slices around a platter. Lightly season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Enjoy!