If you’re on a raw foods diet, or participating in one of our cleanses, you may want to dip your veggies or raw crackers in something besides guacamole or salsa. This dip is a great alternative to regular hummus, and you can enjoy it without the starch that most hummus contains. Don’t be shy and dig in once you make it!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 1/2 c raw broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 c raw zucchini with skin, chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 c raw tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Place the broccoli and zucchini in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to process until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of processor bowl as necessary. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Makes about 2 cups. It will keep, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days.