The raw vegan diet is all about expanding your culinary horizons. There are so many things to do with raw foods, but people don’t think outside the box. For example, take these carrot coriander rice sushi wraps. Nobody looks at a carrot and thinks, “I’m going to blend this into a rice-like consistency so that I can enjoy something reminiscent of sushi.”
That’s why we create these recipes for our cleansers. We want all of you to see that while the raw vegan diet is challenging, it is not limiting. This recipe is quite simple, but packs a ton of flavor. And while it isn’t mandatory, we highly encourage you to make the tahini ginger dressing to drizzle atop the sushi wraps. You
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp. raw almond butter
- 1 tsp. dried coriander
- 1/2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- Tahini Ginger Dressing
- Add the carrots to a food processor and pulse until you get a rice-like consistency.
- If you want amazing sushi, spoon the blended carrots into a cheesecloth and squeeze the excess liquid out of it. You can also press the mixture between a couple paper towels.
- Add the carrots back to the food processor with the coconut aminos, almond butter, coriander, and apple cider vinegar. Pulse a few times to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Lay the nori sheets on a sushi mat or flat surface. Spread the carrot mixture into an even layer on each nori sheet.
- Place the cucumber slices in a row closest to you and then roll it up, sealing the nori together with a touch of water.
- Slice each roll into your desired amount of pieces and then drizzle the tahini ginger dressing on top of the pieces. Enjoy!