Carrot noodles are great because they are rich in beta-carotene, which is a great antioxidant that can improve skin health and eyesight. The lime and ginger sauce adds a refreshing zing to your palate, and it really brings the dish home.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
For the "Pasta"
- 5 large carrots, peeled and spiraled into noodles
- 1/3 c raw cashews
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp. raw almond butter
- 4 tbsp. raw coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. liquid aminos
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
For the Dressing
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
For the Pasta
- Wash carrots well, peel them, and pat them dry.
- Using your spiral slicer, make noodles out of all of the carrots. It will be more difficult to make the noodles once there is only a few inches of carrot left, so you can grate what’s left of the carrot.
- Place all carrot noodles into a large serving bowl. Pour the Ginger-Lime Sauce over the noodles and gently toss together.
- Serve with raw cashews and freshly chopped cilantro.