- • 1 cup green lentils, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained• 1/2 large sweet onion, diced• 4 large carrots, diced• 2 cups mushrooms, diced• 1/4 cup olive oil• 2 tablespoons liquid aminos• 2 tablespoons Raw Vegan Coconut Crystals• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes• 2 tablespoons olive oil• 4 dates• 4 medium ripe tomatoes• 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar• 2 tablespoons chili powder*• 1 tablespoons coconut crystals• Himalayan salt • 1 tomato, diced
- 1. In a large bowl, stir together diced carrots, onions, and mushrooms.
- 2. In a seperate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, nama shoyu, and coconut crystals.
- 3. Pour over carrot mixture and let sit at least an hour to marinate.
- 4. To make the chili sauce, in high speed blender, blend sundried tomatoes, olive oil, dates, tomatoes, raw apple cider vinegar chili powder and coconut crystals until smooth.
- 5. Add lentils to veggie mixture, pour chili sauce over veggie/lentil mixture and stir. Add a dash of Himalayan salt to taste and top with diced fresh tomato, if desired.
Notes:Chef’s Hint: Chop the veggies in your food processor. It is super fast!Also: If you have a dehydrator, do the marinating of the veggies in that. After you toss the veggies with the marinade, spread the mixture on non-stick sheets and place in dehydrator at 115 for an hour. It adds a whole depth of flavor that is delicious.