The key to this recipe is balancing your flavors. You may need to add a dash of this or a hint of that to get your raw chili just right. Make sure that you taste throughout the process for the best raw vegan chili ever!
- Prep Time:24m
- Total Time:20m
- 1 c green lentils, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 c mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. Raw Vegan Coconut Crystals
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 dates, pitted
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Raw Vegan Coconut Crystals
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 tomato, diced
- In a large bowl, stir together diced carrots, onions, and mushrooms.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, coconut aminos, and coconut crystals.
- Pour over carrot mixture and let sit at least an hour to marinate.
- To make the chili sauce, in high speed blender, blend sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, dates, tomatoes, raw apple cider vinegar chili powder and coconut crystals until smooth.
- Add lentils to veggie mixture, pour chili sauce over veggie/lentil mixture and stir. Add a dash of Himalayan salt to taste and top with diced fresh tomato, if desired.