The key to this recipe is balancing your flavors. You may need to add a dash of this or a hint of that to get your raw chili just right.
- 1 c green lentils, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 c mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons Raw Vegan Coconut Crystals
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 dates
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut crystals
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 tomato, diced
- In a large bowl, stir together diced carrots, onions, and mushrooms.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, liquid aminos, and coconut crystals.
- Pour over carrot mixture and let sit at least an hour to marinate.
- To make the chili sauce, in high speed blender, blend sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, dates, tomatoes, raw apple cider vinegar chili powder and coconut crystals until smooth.
- Add lentils to veggie mixture, pour chili sauce over veggie/lentil mixture and stir. Add a dash of Himalayan salt to taste and top with diced fresh tomato, if desired.
Chef’s Hint: Chop the veggies in your food processor. It is super fast!
Also: If you have a dehydrator, do the marinating of the veggies in that. After you toss the veggies with the marinade, spread the mixture on non-stick sheets and place in dehydrator at 115 for an hour. It adds a whole depth of flavor that is delicious.