For the Cake
- 1/3 c each of steel cut oats, walnuts, dates, and raisins
- 1/4 c cacao powder
For the Molten Lava
- 1/3 c each of melted cacao butter, maple syrup, dates, and cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. each of cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, and chili powder
- organic unsweetened almond milk, as needed
- To make the cakes: pulse the oats, walnuts and cacao powder in your food processor until they become a rough flour. Add the dates and raisins and process until it all starts to stick together. Using about 2/3 of the mix (you have to save some for the tops), press into the bottom and sides of lined cupcake tins and put in the fridge. Use the rest of the mix to make the tops by pressing it into cookie molds the same diameter of your cupcake tins. Put those in the fridge as well.
- To make the molten middle: blend all ingredients until smooth, adding the milk as needed to make it creamy and a "molten" consistency (whatever that means... hopefully you know). Take the cakes out of the cupcake molds and pour the molten mixture into each one, filling up almost to the top. Now carefully press the tops onto the cakes, gently pressing together the edges. Flip over and decorate with cacao nibs and goji berries.
A few substitution options: to make these gluten-free, use buckwheat groats instead of oats. If you don't want to use cacao, use coconut oil instead of cacao butter and carob instead of cacao powder.