Making raw coconut milk seems a lot harder than it actually is. Avoid canned coconut milk by using this super simple recipe.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 3 young Thai coconuts (1 cup coconut meat & 3 cups coconut water)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 to 6 pitted dates (without preservatives or added sugars)
- Open the Thai coconuts carefully and make sure to catch the coconut water in a bowl. Separate 3 cups of coconut water and scoop out 1 cup of coconut meat and set aside. You can save the remaining coconut water and meat and freeze them for later use.
- Pour the coconut water, coconut meat, sea salt, coconut oil, vanilla, and dates into a blender and puree for about 1 minute. Mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the coconut milk into an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 hours to thicken. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.