Summer is almost here which means that burgers are going on the grill. You shouldn’t feel left out just because you are on a raw foods diet. Make these dehydrated beet burgers, which are loaded with flavor, and you won’t feel left out at all!
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:5h
- Total Time:5h 15m
- 1 lb beets washed, trimmed, and grated (a food processor attachment works wonders here)
- 1/4 cup, pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 c whole raw hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3/4 c warm water
- collard leaves
- alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- arugula (optional)
- Combine the shredded beets, dates, hazelnuts, and ginger in the food processor and blend until everything is severely chopped, not until it becomes paste-like.
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl and add the cayenne, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper, and warm water. Thoroughly mix everything together and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Form the beet mixture into patties and place on the dehydrator sheets. Place the patties in the dehydrator at 115 degrees F for about 4-6 hours. The time will vary depending on how thick you make the patties.
- Remove from the dehydrator and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Wrap them in the collard leaves and top with sprouts or arugula leaves. Enjoy!