While it may be difficult to make an entirely raw Thanksgiving meal, you can have raw, healthy sides like this coleslaw. The cranberries add a delightful sweetness to balance out the crisp assertive flavor of the onion.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
For the Dressing
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
For the Slaw
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 10 cups shredded cabbage)
- 3/4 c raw almonds, sliced
- 3/4 c dried cranberries (without preservatives or added sugars)
- 3/4 c fresh Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl or combine in a blender and blend away. Set aside.
- Add all of the prepped slaw ingredients to a large serving bowl and mix well.
- When ready to serve, coat the slaw in the dressing and make sure you toss to ensure the dressing is mixed in. Serve and enjoy.