Get your dehydrator out and prepare to eat one of the greatest treats you’ll ever have while you are cleansing. The seasonings soak into the eggplant and the dehydrator helps to yield a crispy texture similar to the real deal. Just make sure to slice it thinly.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:12h
- Total Time:12h 10m
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp. raw agave syrup
- 1/2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- pinch black pepper
- After prepping the eggplant, whisk the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. One by one, add the eggplant slices to the bowl, making sure to coat each slice thoroughly.
- Place the eggplant slices in a glass baking dish and cover so the slices can marinate. Put this dish in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the eggplant from the fridge and place them on a dehydrator tray and dry for 12+ hours on low.
- Once your raw eggplant bacon is dried to perfection, remove from the dehydrator and enjoy. You can store it in an airtight container at room temperature. The more completely dried it is, the longer it will keep.