Kelp noodles, believe it or not, are extremely nutritious and incredibly alkaline. Combine their benefits with the super nutrients in kale and you have a nutritious dish for the ages. Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to this dish. We recommend carrots, onions, and bell peppers.
Photo Credit: Rawmanda.com
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
For the Noodles
- 2 pkg kelp noodles
- 2 c broccoli, chopped
- 2 c kale finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
For the Pesto
- 2 c kale
- 2 c spinach
- 3 green onion bulbs (just the white part)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 c raw cashews
- 1/4 c water
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Rinse kelp noodles in warm water then place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add broccoli, kale and other veggies of choice to the mixing bowl.
- Massage lemon juice into mixing bowl so that everything is covered well.
- Place ingredients for pesto in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until you get a smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour desired amount of pesto into the mixing bowl, mix into noodles and veggies very well.
- If you have left over pesto, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for a few days.