Can we just take a few seconds to appreciate key limes? Okay, thank you for that. They are so adorable, tart, and incredibly alkaline. The flavor of key limes is wonderfully tart, so make sure that you don’t get any juice in your eyes.
The beauty of buying raw pistachios is that they come shelled. It’s probably the best thing about eating raw pistachios, other than the taste of course.
These bites have the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors, so we know you’ll love them. Make sure that you save a half-cup of pistachios, in which you’ll roll the energy bites.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 2 c raw pistachios (save 1/2 cup for chopping)
- 1 c dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 6 key limes, zested and juiced
- Add 1.5 cups of the raw pistachios and the dates to a food processor and blend until it forms a ball.
- Stop blending, break up this ball with your hands, and add the key lime zest and juice to the processor. Continue blending until thoroughly mixed.
- Roughly chop the remaining 1/2 cup of pistachios and scrape them onto a plate or flat surface, where you will roll the energy balls.
- Wet your hands and form little tablespoon-sized balls from the blended mixture. Roll each ball in the chopped pistachios.
- Place the balls in a container that is lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for one to two hours before eating. The bites will stay fresh in the container in the fridge for up to one month. Enjoy!