Macadamia nut milk is rich in numerous healthy fats and lots of fiber. Similar to cashews, macadamia nuts are short-soak nuts, meaning that they don’t require a lot of soaking to blend easily. Raw macadamia nuts are the best for macadamia milk recipes because they yield a creamy milk. You may find that the texture of this milk is similar to cashew milk. It’s very easy to make so try it out and let us know how you like it.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 c raw macadamia nuts(soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 3 c filtered water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. raw agave syrup (optional for sweeter milk)
- After soaking the macadamia nuts, drain them and discard the soaking liquid. Rinse the macadamia nuts to remove any enzyme inhibitors.
- Add the macadamia nuts, water, sea salt, and optional agave syrup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve or nut milk bag into a glass jar. Screw the lid on and refrigerate until ready to drink. It will stay fresh in the fridge for two to three days.