Believe it or not, adding fresh fruit to your tacos complements the flavors of the tomatoes and avocado. It’s almost like assembling a vibrant, fruity salsa in one raw taco. Enjoy the flavors!
Photo Credit: Veggies Save The Day
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- Romaine lettuce leaves washed and patted dry
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeño pepper (or more if you want it spicy)
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- sea salt to taste
- 1 c strawberries, halved and sliced
- 1 c mango, cubed
- 1 c cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped or torn
- 1/4 c fresh mint, chopped or torn
- Place the romaine leaves on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, jalapeño, onion, lime juice, and sea salt. Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork, keeping it a little chunky.
- Spread a large dollop of the avocado mixture on each lettuce leaf.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the strawberries, mango, tomatoes, and herbs. Spoon over the avocado mixture in the lettuce leaves. Enjoy!