- Prep Time: 7m
- Cook Time: 10m
- 1 small head cauliflower (or 1/2 large one), loosely chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (or 1 small), chopped
- 1/2 lb green string beans, raw or blanched or lightly steamed, then chopped
- 1/2 large avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 -3 tsps agave (use your own taste here)
- 2 tsps nama shoyu or tamari
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Black pepper to taste (if you make the topping below, you may not need this)
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- For the spicy “cheese topping”
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast
- 1/4 c cashews
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and process till it resembles rice, like so.You should do this by pulsing it repeatedly, and not by turning the motor on, which may over-process the rice.
- Empty the cauliflower into a bowl and toss it with the lime, agave, shoyu or tamari, spices, and the chopped veggies.
- To make the spicy topping (optional), process all ingredients in a food processor till well mixed.
- Serve the cauliflower rice alongside other veggies, on top of a salad, or to accompany a grain, bean, or soy-based entree with similar flavors. Top it with the spicy topping, and enjoy.
What a fabulous and easy dinner! Note that you could also throw in different vegetables: I think tomatoes, corn, and carrots would all be great.