We don’t want to lead you astray and make you think that this tastes like chicken, because it doesn’t. When you mix it together with the vegetables, however, it does have a similar texture to chicken salad. The important thing is that the flavors are bold and it is a great recipe to keep you from cheating on your raw diet.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
For the "Chicken"
- 2 c raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours and then drained)
- 5 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c filtered water (add more as needed)
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp. green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
For the Vegetable Mixture
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 c broccoli florets, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Add all of the “chicken” ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it looks similar to chicken salad. You can slowly add water during the blending process if necessary.
- Spoon the “chicken” into a large mixing bowl and add all of the diced vegetables. Mix to combine.
- Serve in lettuce leaves, on raw crackers, or eat the chicken salad by itself. It’s delicious no matter which way you serve it.