Parsnips are not carrots! Now that we’ve clarified that, we can say that they are a rustic fall and winter produce items that have a slightly bitter flavor with a hint of sweetness. The flavor is like a cross between a carrot and a turnip. When you add the flavors to the rice, you won’t even know that you are eating parsnips.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For Parsnip Rice
- 4 -5 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. raw tahini
- 1 tbsp. liquid aminos
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- black pepper to taste
For Sushi Rolls
- 1 c Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced into strips
- 4 nori sheets
- Add all of the Parsnip Rice ingredients to a blender and blend until you get a rice-like consistency.
- Prep all of your sushi ingredients and then assemble the rolls.
- When you make the rolls, spread the parsnip rice across the entire nori sheet and lay the sushi ingredients of your choice at one end of the roll. Roll it up and cut it into pieces. Enjoy!