Peppermint is one of the best and most classic holiday flavors. This raw peppermint patty has a subtle hint of coconut, which makes it all the more delicious. You may not want to put these on a holiday party platter because people will be asking for more in seconds!
- Prep Time: 30m
- Total Time: 30m
For The Peppermint Filling
- 1 c fresh shredded coconut
- 3 tsp. organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. homemade almond milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
For The Chocolate
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
For The Chocolate
- Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl until you get a smooth consistency.
For The Coconut Filling
- If your coconut oil is not soft and more on the harder in texture side, simply soak the coconut jar in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften it up and make it easier to blend.
- Blend the shredded coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, and homemade almond milk in a high speed blender until almost smooth. Keep the faith. It WILL blend…eventually (will take several minutes and spooning the mixture around the blender). You can always add a teaspoon of homemade almond milk at a time If you are having too much trouble. Add peppermint extract.
- Gently pack coconut mixture into small patties with your hands. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- With a fork, dip each patty into the bowl of liquid chocolate. Flip over and get the other side coated. Work quickly because having the frozen patties sit too long in the chocolate will harden the chocolate. Set back on wax paper. Allow to freeze for 10 minutes.You might have to double dip the patties after they set the first time.
- Freeze 10 minutes, or until chocolate is fully hardened.