- 3 Large Leaves Kale
- 1/2 c Pistachios, raw and unsalted
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- Remove the pistachio’s tough outer shell. It’s okay if you want to sneak a few to eat while doing this. I did! They are so tasty.
- The great thing about this recipe is you don’t have to cook the kale. Kale is amazing raw but to use it in a salad, for example, it requires some love. It’s best when you massage the heck out of it first. Well, since we are going to mince it for this recipe, none of that work is needed. All you have to do is remove the center rib from the leaves and chop them up.
- Peel the garlic cloves. You can use more in this recipe if you like, I like my pesto very garlicky. If I was making this for myself I would probably use 5 or 6!
- Add the garlic, pistachios and some of the olive oil to your food processor run it for about a minute. I prefer a little crunch to my pesto so I do not finely chop them. Add in the chopped kale, salt and more olive oil and repeat until the kale is minced.