The fragrant raw cacao powder is tamed by the inherent sweetness of the dates, making these taste like a subtly bitter piece of dark chocolate. Add the subtle saltiness of the almonds and pistachios and it is a match made in sweet and salty heaven. Snack on them between meals to keep cravings at bay.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 7 1/2 oz Medjool dates, pits removed
- 7 1/2 oz raw almonds, roughly chopped
- juice from half an orange
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 1/2 oz raw pistachios, finely chopped
- Add all of the ingredients, except the pistachios, into a food processor and blend until everything comes together into a clump.
- Use your hands to form bite-size balls (about one inch in size) out of the mixture and set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Scatter the chopped pistachios across a plate and roll the balls, one by one, in the pistachios to coat the exterior.
- Place the balls in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up. They will keep fresh in this container in the fridge for up to two weeks.