- 1 c cashews
- 1 c almonds
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1 c dates
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- pumpkin filling:
- 1 sugar pumpkin (about 7 cups), peeled, gutted and cut into cubes
- 1 c dates
- 4 -5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1 -4 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & cloves)
- To make the crust, process the nuts in your food processor until they are like a rough flour. add the dates, raisins and salt. pulse until it all sticks together in a lump. press into the bottom of a pie dish and refrigerate.
- To make the pie filling, process the pumpkin cubes until they can't get any smaller in your food processor. add in the other ingredients and process until it can't get any smoother. transfer the filling to your high speed blender and blend on the highest setting to get it super smooth like the cooked version. add whatever you think it needs. spread the filling onto your pie crust and let it set in the fridge for a few hours.
serve with raw ice cream
Serve with raw ice cream or cashew cream in celebration of thanksgiving, the colourful fall season, or for the simple reason that life is beautiful!