One of the best things about this salad is that every bite is filled with different textures and flavors. Remember, it is always beneficial to eat your colors, i.e. eat salads with a lot of different colored fruits and vegetables in them.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Salad
- about 10 cups of Romaine lettuce, chopped
Your Choice for the Following Colors
- red: red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, strawberries
- orange: carrots, orange bell peppers, mandarin oranges
- yellow: mango, pineapple, yellow bell peppers
- green: cucumber, green grapes
- blue: blueberries, blackberries
- purple: red grapes, red cabbage, red onion
For the Dressing
- 1 c tahini
- 1/3 c raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- water to thin dressing (if necessary)
- Once you figure out which colorful produce items you will be using, wash and prep them. It is best to cut everything into bite-size pieces. Add all of the ingredients to a large salad bowl, or you can divide them into little bowls or containers for prepped lunches.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a creamy consistency.
- You can keep the dressing in a glass jar in the fridge for about a week.