Don’t worry about the chickpeas because you don’t need them for this cleanse-approved hummus recipe. The beautiful color comes from the red bell pepper and sun-dried tomatoes, which add a beautifully tanginess to the dip. The zucchini and tahini make this deep creamy in a somewhat rustic way.
The only thing that you need is a great blender or a food processor. Sorry, folks, but the run-of-the-mill blender won’t cut it for this recipe. You need that high-powered engine!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:7m
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c tahini, plus more to taste
- 1 c zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 c red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. coconut aminos, plus more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (more if you like spice)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy. It may take about one minute or so to blend everything.
- Taste and adjust with more seasonings, lemon juice, or tahini if necessary.
- Spoon the dip into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for a couple hours so it can thicken.
- Remove from the fridge and serve with raw carrot and celery sticks.