This filling entree is loaded with powerful flavors and an assortment of nutrients, including omega-3s, protein, vitamin C, folate, potassium, and more. Top these stuffed peppers with our Avocado Chimichurri to enhance the flavors.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced in half down the middle
- 1 1/2 c raw walnuts
- 1/2 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. filtered water
- 1/4 c spinach, basil, or parsley (or combination), finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Add the walnuts and fennel seeds to a foods processor and blend until you get a chunky mixture. Then add the remaining ingredients and continue blending for another 5-10 seconds.
- Fill the red pepper halves with the walnut mixture and refrigerate for 20 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
Optional Dehydration Step
- Place the stuffed red pepper halves on dehydrator trays and place them in the dehydrator for about an hour at 115 degrees F. Remove from the dehydrator and enjoy.